Sad to say, it’s that time of year again. Leaves start turning, there’s a little chill in the air, and it’s time to start thinking about closing down the backyard recreation and dining area. Hopefully you’ve been able to relax, entertain, and truly enjoy the outdoors this summer. Now you need to consider how to preserve that investment you’re made in your outdoor furniture and accessories. Winter, and its harsh weather, is just around the corner!
If you’ve made an investment in outdoor furniture – even a relatively simple table and chair set – it’s important to protect that investment with high quality covers. They will make all the difference next spring when we’re digging out from the snow and ice.
If you have access to indoor storage, that is certainly the best protection. However, if that’s not available – or if physically moving the furniture is not feasible – there are many options available to cover the furniture. These covers have improved over the years such that they now can provide protection from all but the most extreme weather conditions. Check out the wide variety of outdoor furniture covers available at Bellacor.com.
Some things to keep in mind as you consider the various covers:
- Heavyweight material – this helps prevent cracking if it is moved or adjusted during brutally cold weather.
- Shaped – getting covers shaped like the furniture will not only make it visually more appealing, it will minimize the risk of wind-related tearing.
- Closures and weights – the best covers will include a closure system of some sort along with imbedded weights to keep them snug. Again, this reduces wind-related risks.
- Fabric treatment – look for fabric that has been both waterproofed and treated for UV protection. This keeps the covers looking nice for a long time.
- Attractive color – you will be surprised at the fun, colorful options for covers. You no longer need to make do with a drab gray!
Consider covering not only your table, chairs, and grill. There are covers now available for your umbrella, log rack, fire pit, patio heater and chimeneya!