Do you have everything you need to complete the look of your dining room? Consider these 10 must-have items and give your dining room a stylish, put-together look.
1. The right-sized dining table: When picking out a dining table, consider how much space you have and how many people you need to sit. Do you have a small family, but like to entertain? Size-adjusting tables often come in handy when you need some flexibility.
2. Chairs that make a statement: Dining chairs are more than a place to sit. They can also revamp your room’s interior design and give it a more interesting style! Look for chairs that really stand out and add some visual interest to your dining room. If you have room, remember that you may also have side chairs or accent chairs, not just dining room chairs.
3. A buffet or china cabinet: If you have enough space in the dining room, a stylish buffet or china cabinet can be very useful. Use either to store dishware, display decorative items or to serve food.
4. A beautiful rug: A large area rug will add warmth to your dining room and make it cozier. Make sure the rug is large enough so that people can scoot their chairs without damaging the hardwood floor.
5. A stand out chandelier: Whether your dining room is formal or not, a chandelier can have a dramatic impact. Install a chandelier that matches your dining room’s style – you’ll be amazed at the difference one light fixture can make!
6. Dimmers: Depending on the time of day and the occasion, you may want to change the lighting. Dimmers allow you to create the exact mood you want at any given time.
7. Stylish linens: From the tablecloth to the place-settings, stylish linens can play a big part in your dining room’s interior design. Be sure to consider them carefully so they match the overall style of the room.
8. Chic drapes: Whether you have several windows or a bay window, use drapes as a window treatment. Drapes covering the windows are a great way to add a soft elegance and some color to the dining room.
9. A simple, yet elegant centerpiece: Candles and flowers make a sophisticated centerpiece that looks great in any dining room.
10. Interesting wall décor: Don’t forget to decorate your walls! Abstract artwork and mirrors will add just the right amount of unique interest to your room.
Ready to update your dining room’s design? Give it a complete look by adding these 10 must-have items.